Wheelchair Travel in Legoland and Hello Kitty Town in Johor Bahru, Malaysia - Wheelchair Bound

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Wheelchair Travel in Legoland and Hello Kitty Town in Johor Bahru, Malaysia

      I went to Johor Bahru, the closest Malaysian city from the borders of Singapore. It is where the first and only Legoland theme park in Asia is located. I was happy to find out that the Hello Kitty Town is in the same city too. But....I, being a mobility scooter user, was apprehensive if I could go without physical difficulties. Further, a friend informed me that the Immigration Office is full of stairs so it scared me. Good thing I booked through this site https://wtstravel.com.sg/

       WTS solved my problem with the Immigration Office because they made things easier for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) by having us stay on the bus while they present our passports to the office. Later an Immigration Officer personally came up to me and handed back my passport. That was so nice of  Malaysia. Thank you WTS and Malaysia.




The comfortable lower deck part of the WTS bus with plenty of spaces for my tired legs, scooter/wheelchair, crutches, and my friend.


    The tour package starts at Sky Ranch Singapore. This is the coaches' station. It is in itself a beautiful tourist spot so the adventure has already started as you arrived there. Tip: the coaches depart exactly on time so do not be late.


At the Sky Ranch Coach Station. We took this shot when we arrived from Malaysia.


       It took us two hours to arrive in Johor Bahru, Malaysia because of the long queue at the Immigration Office. As I mentioned earlier, I did not depart the bus. Everything was taken cared of by the kind WTS personnel. Then, off we went excitedly as finally, we passed the border of Singapore and Malaysia.


     No lining up at the Legoland! Because our entrance tickets are already included in the package, we just easily entered the theme park. I'm happy to know that mobility scooters are available for rent there, not just for PWDs, but also for those with tired legs.


My main purpose in Legoland is to see the amazing "brick-tacular" models of Asian landmarks. It will make you proud as an Asian too to see how the  Lego bricks recreated our beautiful man-made structures.


     Then it was time to ride the coach again. It has 2 separate entrances. One door is for those with mobility problems. Said entrance is low rise and has no steps. However, the coach does not have a ramp so my scooter had to be carried. For those who can at least stand up like me, it is not very difficult to enter the bus. Those confined in wheelchairs must really be lifted 1/2 (more or less) feet from the ground.





    After 10 minutes, we reached the Hello Kitty/Thomas Town. The place is not really a theme park but an indoor attraction complete with dessert shop, boutique, various activity areas and a kiddie ride. My favorite part of it is the Hello Kitty house. 



Inside the living room of Hello Kitty.
      After 2 hours, we left Johor Bahru happy and satisfied. Then we were dropped off at the Sky Ranch Station. It is near the Marina Bay. I strongly suggest a stroll through the bay walk to see the beautiful buildings of Singapore, while enjoying the lights and sound show until you reach the Merlion. Yes, the whole area is wheelchair friendly.

TIPS; 1. Don't bring your rubbish from Malaysia to Singapore.
          2. Don't bring food or drinks from Malaysia to Singapore.
          3. Wear sunscreens in both countries as the weather could get so high and sunny.
          4. There is no disability toilet at the Malaysian Immigration Office

No comments:

Post a Comment