Wheelchair-Friendly Singapore - Wheelchair Bound

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Wheelchair-Friendly Singapore

Few days ago, I was wary of Singapore's facilities for the disabled. I tried to ask around, but unfortunately, no one can give me a precise answer, although they said that Singapore is, still there were'nt any reliable source of information of the functionality of the facilities there. I searched for accessibility topics on forums such as TripAdvisor and found none.(I asked anyway) I went on my travel unsure of my dilemma.

This is what I experienced there:






Singapore is a very wheelchair friendly country! Every street has pavements that slopes down to the ground on pedestrian lane crossings.



At the Orchard Road

The gardens have pathways too!



And disability toilets are everywhere. I would like to specifically mention its cleanliness too.



Buses have ramps. Taxi drivers are very helpful with loading wheelchairs in their trunks. The MRT however, has some stations that do not have lifts. Be sure to secure maps for more information on lifts and accessibility facilities.


So for all the rest of  wheelchair bound tourists, Singapore is a convenient and beautiful 
country for us. Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment